Patron Saint of the Mediocre
This week on Rockstar...
- Dilana is not a songwriter. And she ripped a calf muscle and hopped around the stage incessantly.
- Lukas screamed. A lot. And wore pink eyeshadow.
- Magni had mediocre performances (compared to Toby and Storm) but still managed to stay out of the bottom three (yah! my 3 votes paid off) and was chosen to sing the Supernova song. (Which brings up a question I have been asking myself all season - why is it that when they do the Supernova song, it always looks like a music video?)
- Storm kicked some "Suffragette City" butt. She made me want to be a rockstar more than I already do. And then sang something about "what the what the what the what is ladylike." What?
- Toby butchered "Mr. Brightside" but the girls still held up their "EVS" and screamed. A lot. And he still won the encore for his catchy "Oh, oh, oh, ohohoh" song which he dedicated to the Crocodile Hunter. He made me want to be Australian more than I already do. And he won a Honda Element. Honda wins the silver for most subtle marketing scheme right behind Ford and their American Idol commercials.
- In the end, the bottom three consisted of Storm, Dilana, and Lukas. Personally, I cannot stand Lukas. He has absolutely zero humility and the nerve to perform his own song (probably because it was the only song he practiced figuring he would have the encore and not be in the bottom three) for elimination. When Supernova said, "Lukas tonight is your night to...." I wanted to jump up and cheer but then they followed it with "....go back and sit down" leaving Dilana and Storm. Never being a Dilana fan, I was crossing my fingers they would send her home, but Storm got the boot instead. Maybe she'll go on tour with Willa Ford. Sadly, I would probably go to that.
- My prediction: Supernova picks Toby. They want the groupies. And not Icelandic ones.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home