Frustrations fill the void that I can't solely bear
I have not been myself in the last several weeks, constantly feeling uncreative, unfunny, and tired. I should be apologizing for this and my lack of posts, but I hate it when people do that. The truth is, God is putting me through a time in which I have no choice but to rely on Him. He is testing my faith and leading me to develop my prayer life. Often times I avoid writing about God on this website because I worry what some of you will think. Seeing that statement in black and white makes me sick. I should never filter God out of anything. Period.
It seems that everywhere I turn, someone is in turmoil. Whether it be as a result of an impending decision, an illness, financial difficulties, extreme life change, war, a natural disaster, crime, or job-related stress, everyone needs prayer. The Bible tells us to "Pray continually" (1 Th. 5:17), something I have never been able to manage. For most of my life, prayer has been something I do before I eat, before I go to bed, at Church or at Church-related activities, and before, during, and after critical Hurricanes games. The thought of praying continually, of being in constant communication with God, is foreign.
Being surrounded with this turmoil has caused me to see that God is urging me, us, everyone, to turn to Him. We cannot face life on our own. We hear all the time that we don't have to face life on our own, that through Him all things are possible. But how many of us really believe that? How can we believe that? God is so far away. We cannot see Him, and often times we cannot even feel His presence. The answer is so simple, yet so difficult. I have been listening to a lot of Jars of Clay in the past few days (I am seeing them tonight!) and in doing so, have been reminded of the simple solution -- To have faith like a child.

2 Comments:
Faith like a child. Sometimes I wonder why it's so hard. Is it because learning that Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, or the Easter Bunny were never real...well, we don't have that excuse do we? In our family, with the exception of the Easter Bunny maybe, Santa lives and breathes and hey, our Tooth Fairy may have been mom, but she was very real to us (and I bet she'd have worn a tiara and carried a wand if she thought we'd see her). I think, for us, the difficulty lies in the concept of independence and, sadly, largely in not having had an active Christ-like Father figure.
To put complete trust and faith in anyone other than each other, mom, and our own selves is a constant struggle. At first, this was an issue for Steve and I, but after 10+ years my faith in him as a man, a husband, and brother in Christ is solid and unchangeable. It took a lot of trials for that to happen, and it didn't happen just through me, but through God's hands and His using you, and mom, and Beans and many others to help open my heart up.
Prayer comes easy when the Hurricanes need to block one more play, or you really want to drive safely through a storm, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty details of life why do we hestitate to trust that He will take care of them when He will bring us safely home from a blizzard or heal a heart that is broken by loss?
"Indescribable. Unchangeable. He put the stars in sky and knows them by name.....He knows the depth of my heart and He loves me the same." (Chris Tomlin) It's really hard to trust that someone who knows what REALLY goes on in your head and heart to want to help you and guide to the right decisions.
But despite His powerful, infinite wisdom, He cares about us and wants to communicate with us constantly. "Cry out to Jesus" Third Day. But not only should we cry out in times of need, but cry out every day. Christ is passionate about us and every detail of our lives, and we should be passionate about it too. When a baby does that cool new thing -praise Jesus with your whole heart. When you try and do the right thing- and the person rejects you for it- praise Jesus with your whole heart.
The amazing thing about prayer is that in can be done any time and any where. The amazing thing about the family of God is that you just have to ask for a prayer and you know that it's being done. The amzing thing about you is that you have the courage to admit to struggles and that you listen to others struggles. When the burden to pray comes, pray. It's the most awesome gift and I have no idea how those that don't believe make it through the day. -K
Don't you all wish that you had an older sister as awesome as mine?
Post a Comment
<< Home