Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nothing Better

For those with fond childhood memories of saddling up the oxen for a cross country journey of trying to avoid cholera, typhoid, and the measles. (Note: Only works in Internet Explorer.)

I'll put the link over there in the sidebar as well.

7 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Hollis said...

Oh my...well...I was totally sucked in. One of my favorite games I used to play in Gifted class.

I did make it to Oregon today. Unfortunately, Krista and Karyn died of typhoid. Sorry guys... But Lisa and Jessica made it ok.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Karyn said...

That is what you call sisterly solidarity!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Hollis said...

Yup...at least you were together!

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wagon had no such luck. I think we all died in Kansas. Of course it was dumb to put someone so inexperienced in charge...within a week, oxen were dead, ammunition was lost, everyone was starving, and then there was the doomed river crossing.

Next time I'll make Hollis the team leader.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Made it to the OR with all my peeps in fair health. Enough for 3rd on the top 10 list (go ahead, check me out!). Seriously though, I could just play to spend all my time hunting. Forget about that trail stuff!

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I don't recommend actually playing it with your spouse. Riley died, and Krista had just about every disease imaginable, and TBD (To Be Determined) got sick quite a bit too. But we made to Orgeon with 4 people in fair health and 2 live oxen. We had 3396 points, somewhere around mid-list.

I never played it in school....I was around before the computers came to ICS elementary, but Steve did. Lovely way to spend 1.5 hours!! Steve wanted to quit, but I said, no my fellow traveler, we must push on!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

Poor Riley! It was probably exhaustion.

I still can't believe you never played it in school. I remember playing it in Mr. Lucas' classroom in 6th grade. Well, Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home