Friday, July 28, 2006

Chasing Cars

The other day as I was driving home from work (stuck in traffic prior to the Wilson Bridge), I looked over to my left and noticed that two people on the passenger side of the vehicle next to me were both sound asleep, mouths open, with their heads against their windows. I laughed out loud, not necessarily because the passengers were sleeping but because of the type of passengers they were. The small, early 90's Honda had 5 grown Latino men packed into it. The man in the unfortunate back center seat was also asleep, with his head on the other guy's shoulder. The other back seat passenger on the far side was snoozing against the opposite window, leaving only the driver awake. I found myself speculating about their situation, ultimately concluding that they were most likely construction workers on their way home to Virginia after working all day somewhere in Maryland. I looked to the flag hanging from the rear view mirror: Honduras. The stop and go traffic had me next to the Honda for a good few minutes when finally their vehicle passed me (because my life is very much like that of Peter Gibbons and I am always in the wrong lane). Testing out my theory, I immediately looked to the license plate: Virginia. When I did so, I could not help but notice their bumper sticker:

2 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..hmm...I guess I have a lot in common with sleepy Honduran construction men...who woulda thunk it.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home