Thursday, August 03, 2006

I wish the mall could be my ringtone

Yesterday there was a new episode of my favorite internet cartoon about teenage girl stick figures. (Actually, it could have been new several days ago but it was new to me yesterday when I clinked on my "I have a crush on every boy" link down there on the sidebar.) It was quite possibly the most exciting thing to happen to me all week considering it has been what seems like a year since the Tenthennial Extravaganza episode. Last night at the Jars of Clay concert, I overheard an eleven year old boy who looked like he would fit right in at a Star Trek convention talking to his much taller, but probably still eleven years old, friend.

EYOBWLLHWFRIASTC: "...so then the boss comes up to her and is like 'a kid just puked in the dressing rooms, go clean it up.'"

MTBPSEYOF: [mildly ammused] "Uh-huh."

EYOBWLLHWFRIASTC: "...and then the boss is like, 'here is your name tag...MARK.' It was so funny. And then she turns to go fold or something and this fat guy comes up to her...."

At this point I realize that I can no longer concentrate on the conversation at my table of adults when the pre-teens behind me are discussing the new Teen Girl Squad episode. So I turn around and...

Me: "Are you guys talking about the new Teen Girl Squad?"

EYOBWLLHWFRIASTC: [blink blink]

MTBPSEYOF: [blank stare]

EYOBWLLHWFRIASTC: [blink] "Actually, yes we are."

Me: "Cool! I watched that episode today."

EYOBWLLHWFRIASTC: [blink][blank stare][blink]

Me: "Um, ok...cool." [turns around]

Moral of the story: Although you may have much in common with the eleven year old boys at the table next to you, that doesn't mean that they want to talk to you. You are old.

3 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Vannah said...

You're REALLY old when you don't even know what the Teen Girl Squad is!

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking I am REALLY old then...;)- K

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being old sucks.

Not that I want to talk to 11-year-old boys.

Though I do want to see "Bring It On: All or Nothing." Confession!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home