This Love
This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I was singing 'This Love' by Maroon 5. It had been stuck in my head since yesterday morning when Jenny and I drove to Panera. I'm not a Maroon 5 fan but it had been playing on the radio in Jenny's car, dang catchy tune. At any rate, I was singing it aloud and mentioned to Jenny that the song was still haunting me from the day before. Well, we got in the car to leave for work this morning and my cd player was not working (as it sometimes does in the winter, very annoying). I tried to correct the cd player problem but to no avail, so I just switched the radio on. Guess what song was playing? Yep...that's right...wailing from the speakers was, "This love has taken its toll on me, she said good-bye too many times befo-o-ore..." I am currently trying to drown the tune out of my head with my favorite band. Any guesses on who that is?
Speaking of getting ready for work this morning, I must say that the extra hour of sleep that I was able to get as a result of overtime being cut was absolutely divine. I have come to the conclusion that there is now absolutely no reason for me to get up and to work at 6:30 in the morning. My new start time is 7:30, and I will be exiting this place at 5. That still gives me plenty of time in the evening for working out, walking Abby, eating dinner, whatever... It is going to be great.
I have also decided that I don't trust people who do not like dogs, specifically, my dog. I don't understand how anyone cannot like my puppy. She is entertaining, loving, adorable, and smart (okay, maybe she is a bit overly excitable and likes to lick, but she is still the sweetest thing ever). Yesterday I held a bridal shower for Jenny at my apartment. There was a turn out of 10 people, not too bad. One girl, whom I had never met, showed up fairly late. Apparently she had gotten lost 3 times, and was not happy about it. First of all, if you get lost then call someone! My number was on the invitation and I had my phone out just in case something like this happened. Needless to say, this girl was not in a happy mood. After awhile, she loosened up and became a bit more pleasant. However, Abby went over to sniff her and say hello (okay, she may have licked her too) and the girl had the nerve to say, "You better not come over here, I am NOT a dog person" or something along those lines. Right then, this girl lost all credibility. Maybe this is wrong of me, but I think other pet owners know what I'm talking about. Amazingly, Abby stayed away from the girl for the rest of the day. I think dogs are a great judge of character.

6 Comments:
I say we cater to our pets. Let's face it, pet-owners in general like their pets more than they like most humans. My dog is devoted to me, and I am devoted to her. While people are in my house, they should realize that it is my dog's house as well. They are stepping into her territory.
I say all these things in theory, but the truth of the matter is, Abby ended up spending some time on the porch yesterday. I am too chicken to be mean to people. And of course, I felt guilty with her little face looking in the sliding glass door at me. It was warmer out and she was enjoying eyeing the birds and squirrels, she also got a raw-hide as a consolation prize and those are her absolute favorite.
I am a cat-person, but that is only because I grew up with cats. I do love a dog though, and I hope to get one one day when I have a fence built. I want a big dog....like a Newfoundland or a Great Pyrenees or an Alaskan Malamute...a big 'ol dog that you could put a saddle on.
For now, I'm stuck with Price, the smelly cat. What he lacks in pleasant odor, he has in beauty. I get a bit defensive when someone comes into my home and is like, "Did your cat just eject that foulness from his rear end?" I'm like, "Awww, he can't help it. He's got a sensitive tummy."...like the poor bugger isn't embarrassed as it is.
....Runs to find cat..... Damn, just writing about it makes me bad for him.
crap....feel bad.
You know what I mean.....
I didn't know that Price was having an odor problem. Poor guy. Abby has a sensitive tummy too, I have to warn people constantly not to give her people food. I really don't want to wake up in the middle of the night hearing her gag and having to go clean up the mess.
Yeah, Price is a stinker. Changing his litter box at night is quite a chore. Steve and Ben always gripe about it when they go down there to lift weights. I do what I can...I feed him sensitive tummy food, avoid allowing him to eat "people" food, and change his little box frequently.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home