Blind
The most appropriate song for this post would probably be 'Stupid Girl', and yes, that stupid girl would be me. However, since I want to share GOOD music I chose a song from the cd that was playing in my car during the following events. If you would like to hear 'Blind' by Third Day, please download it here.
11:28 AM - Emailing Brianna and thinking how good a vegetarian burrito from Qdoba sounds
11:29 AM - Look out the window, see the snow falling like crazy
11:31 AM - Decide that a vegetarian burrito is more important than the fact that I may be a little cold walking out to the car. Decide I will leave at noon.
12:02 PM - Put on rain jacket (because this stupid girl brought a light rain jacket to work because it was RAINING and 40-something degrees outside when she left her apartment)
12:03 PM - Glance at weather icon: "Heavy Snow, 27 degrees"
12:04 PM - "I can handle it!"
12:06 PM - Walk out door. Notice that the snow is blowing completely sideways and the wind is kinda pushing me towards my right.
12:07 PM - Must turn left to get to where car is parked, do so, and contemplate running back into the office.
12:09 PM - Try and unlock car door. Door is iced over and does not want to open. Yank door open and jump in the car.
12:10 PM - Oh good, the windshield wipers cleaned off the front window just fine. The back window, not so much. Realize that exiting the car to scrape back window is a necessity.
12:11 PM - ICE, not snow, ICE is covering the back window. Scrape off the half behind the driver's seat and decide that will be sufficient.
12:15 PM - Back out of parking spot and proceed to leave the Bureau.
12:17 PM - Try and look in side view mirror to change lanes. Notice side view mirrors have approximately 1/2 inch layer of ice on them. Don't change lanes.
12:18 PM - Observe that the windshield wipers have about 2 inches of ice/snow stuck to them. Turn them on the highest setting in an attempt to fling said ice/snow at other cars. Does not work.
12:25 PM - By a miracle of God, arrive at Qdoba safely.
12:30- 12:55 PM - Sit inside Qdoba blissfully eating my vegetarian burrito and reading my book.
12:56 PM - Exit Qdoba and see that the sideways snow has ceased, the wind has died down, and the ice is now easily scrapable off the side view mirrors.
1:10 PM - Return to the bureau and decide it would be best to park in the garage.
Moral of the story: Qdoba makes everything better.

4 Comments:
Bridget and I are tight. I totally read Fielding. I have both Bridget's and I read her newest one, Olivia Jules, but it is not as good. That is a HUGE complement...so, thanks! Next time you are in the Ville, you have to go to Qdoba....it is the greatest. Do they have them in Cincy?
(C'mon...give me some of your tots!)
And I've never had Qdobe.
WHAT! Go right now.
I had the Qdobe once. Not being a fan of the Mexicano food, I waited until Karyn's last day at the J-ville bureau before eating at one. The nachos and cheese were quite good, minus the burning sensation inside my mouth from the peppers in the cheese. But it was good spicy. You should try it Derick.
I just realized I'm giving Derick instructions in Karyn's blog. Oh well.
You did NOT just say J-ville.
Blasphemous.
Post a Comment
<< Home