Soak Up the Sun
Wow. I thought that yesterday was a beautiful day. I rolled out of bed at noon and decided to go for a run shortly thereafter. It was so nice outside with the temperature being in the upper 50's and the sun shining. When I got home from running, I opened up the sliding glass door, laid on the couch, and read. It was still too chilly to actually sit outside and read, so it was the best I could do.
Today, I am stuck in this office. At about 11:30, I decided to run to Target for my lunch break. I checked my little weather icon at the bottom of my browser and it said 61 degrees! I had to do a double take, I didn't believe it. I literally grabbed my purse and ran out the door. It was NOT lying. Today is incredible. I rolled down my windows, cranked some Green Day, and was on my way to Target. When I got there, I didn't really want to get out of my car.
Once I got back into the hell-hole, I mean, the office, I wanted to weep. All I could say was, "I want to go to the beach." Then, I proceeded toast my bagel and sing some Sheryl Crow for the whole office to hear.
(Note: now the weather icon says 63!!)
(edit: it is now 3:58 pm and it says 70 degrees, why oh why did I not wear flip flops today?)

3 Comments:
Great! It always hits here the day after it hits there. Oh, yep....the icon for tomorrow says rain/snow...where is SPRING??????
Uh....because flip flops are NOT proper Census Bureau footwear!
Yeah, it's warmer today here too.....sixty-ish. I walked to Borders on my lunch break. Alas, it's still ugly and gray and windy. I think the forecast for Louisville is snow also.
The "Soak Up the Sun" video was a good one. Sheryl Crowe is hot!
Post a Comment
<< Home