Thursday, March 03, 2005

Dare You To Move

Do you ever have those days where it seems that you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed and nothing can possibly go right? Today is one of those days for me. I had to pull myself out of the bed and force myself to get dressed and into the office. When I got here, there were things awaiting me that I really just did not want to see or deal with.

The morning got progressively worse with the realization that they will be running a 'program killer' on our network tonight, thus deleting my yahoo messenger. It seemed the world just had it out for me today. I was, of course, listening to my Launch player and the songs that were playing on my personalized station just weren't cutting it for the mood I was in. I needed angrier music.

I found a station to listen to, and wouldn't you know, Switchfoot was the second song to play. I immediately rolled my eyes, then I realized: God is probably trying to tell me something.

I dare you to move, I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move, I dare you to move
Like today never happened, today never happened before
It occurred to me just how many people out there listen to this song and these lyrics and never realize that the song is entirely about God. Today, He was definitely trying to send me a message. There is no reason to let myself fall down and not move. It is amazing how many times I can hear a song and not relate to it at all, and then there comes one moment, in this one day, and these lyrics hit me like a rock.

I am never going to make the transition "between how it is and how it should be" if I don't move. I know that on days like today, I wouldn't have the strength to move if it wasn't for God and my relationship with Him. Therefore, I am going to pick myself up off this floor and get my butt in gear. After all, Salvation is here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home