Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Comfortable

As I was listening to my ever-faithful Launch player this morning, one of my favorite Mayer songs came on. I got that little burst of excitement inside that I normally get when a "can't get enough" song is played. I immediately stopped what I was doing so I could sit and listen to the song. I started thinking about how John may have it right.

Is being "comfortable" with someone the most important aspect of a relationship? Are we all looking for someone who we can wear sweat pants and no make-up around? A person may seem "perfect" for you on paper, but how far can those attributes take a relationship? I feel so Carrie Bradshaw right now.

Unfortunately, I don't have the answers. But, I do feel that the ideal relationship is one in which each person feels comfortable. I don't think the perfect match is always what it seems it would be. The most I can hope for is that person who I feel more comfortable around than anyone else. The person that I can tell anything to, and not worry what he's going to think about me. The person that I can lounge with wearing sweat pants and no make-up.

Lastly, if what John wants is what most guys out there want, then I better read up on my Miles and Coltrane.

4 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't that song just make you want to run to the market and roll down aisle five in a shopping cart? :)
You might want to brush up on Jack Johnson too, according to recent revisions to Comfortable (listen to the Indy '04 recording).

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

Haha! I listened to the Indy recording yesterday as I was writing that entry. I almost wrote "And lastly: John, I can distinguish you between Jack Johnson AND Dave Matthews." :) But I decided against it. After all, only in my dreams will John Mayer ever read my blog.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Jason said...

If you start listening to Miles and Coltrane, you better dirty up your mouth some too. :)

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

Haha! Sorry, I don't think I can do that. I guess John and I are just not meant to be together. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home