Ex-Girlfriend
Well, David and I are definitely over now. You may say, "I thought you guys broke up 2 weeks ago?" Yes, we did. However, I still felt unresolved. I think we were both naive in thinking we could still see each other all the time and be cool with that situation. Alas, confusion. It's a tough situation when you break up because you know that it's not meant to be. There aren't hard feelings between us. In some ways, I think it would be easier that way.
It was a difficult 2 weeks for me. I went from knowing that I did the right thing to being mad at myself for doing the right thing. It was my own fault for getting caught up in the whole situation to begin with. It's just like what Gwen says...I kinda always knew I'd end up his ex-girlfriend. However, this weekend was good. I told him that I needed to talk and he came over on Saturday night so we could do that. Now, I feel like I have closure and I can move on. I know more than ever that this is the right thing for us. We want different things and we are completely different people.
Friday's song of the day pretty much encompassed the way I was feeling. But today, No Doubt is where it's at. I'm not a big fan, but this song says it all for me right now. I think it's time to break out a little Tragic Kingdom, since that is the only ND album that I have...

2 Comments:
....which is really unfortunate because "Return to Saturn" is a GREAT cd. I loved Gwen's pink hair phase.
Isn't that the one with Ex-girlfriend on it? I watched the video from their website this morning and she had pink hair in it.... You should totally go pink. Steve would love that (HA!).
Post a Comment
<< Home