Monday, February 04, 2008

Neurotic to the bone, no doubt about it

I don't know about you guys, but I happen to think that Wikipedia is the greatest invention on the internet (well, maybe second to IMdB). What is the difference between a caucus and a primary? I don't know. Check Wikipedia. When does hurricane season start? Hmm, I can't remember, let me just look over here real quick and I'll tell you. What exactly is Bell's Palsy? I'm not sure but thanks to Wiki, I now know that George Clooney totally had it when he was in high school.

Today when I went to check my second fave website for something, I noticed on the homepage that this was a recently featured article. Ah, the good old days of 1994 when I was obsessed with an album that will celebrate its 15th anniversary next year. Just looking at the photo of the album cover took me back to why I was so into this album.

His name was Jesse Campbell and I thought that he was the hottest guy to ever step foot into ICS. Being an impressionable 13 year old, I knew that if Jesse Campbell (known to some as "Lizard Boy") liked Green Day, then I should like Green Day too. Somehow, I was able to acquire a copy of the album and I subsequently learned every word to every track...because, you know, in case Jesse ever talked to me, I would need to have a topic of conversation. For the next 2 years, I continued to majorly crush on poor Lizard Boy. I went so far as to buy a t-shirt with a pile of poop on it (surrounded by flies) thinking that if I wore it, he would for sure think I was the girl of his dreams. About a year into my crush, Jesse developed a crush equally as big on my sister's best friend, Becky. This meant that he would secure invites to parties and gatherings that Becky might be at. This, of course, included my house. I would sit in my room, tormented by the fact that just outside in the living room, the love of my life was trying to mack on some other girl. I thought that things might turn around when one night, he asked if he could borrow my poop shirt. OMG! Jesse Campbell wanted to WEAR MY SHIRT! Of course I gave it to him because hello! It would totally smell like him when I got it back. A few months later, when I was WAY OVER Lizard Boy, I demanded my poop shirt back. Pretty sure its still safely secured in box somewhere...probably in my sister's basement.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home