Explosions off in the distance...
You take the girl out of DC and somehow she becomes more interested in politics than ever before. Maybe it is because I have grown up and become more aware of the world around me and my view of it. Maybe it is because I no longer have politics thrown in my face at every single occasion (seriously, why do people go to parties and argue THE WHOLE TIME over whose candidate is better? Can't we just talk about Britney (and now Jamie Lynn!) instead?). I have suddenly become interested, passionate even, about certain issues that I find are actually important to me. Also? I've been called a hippy a lot lately. Coincidence?
Unfortunately, my views on political hot issues generally pull me in two completely different directions. I still have no idea who I am going to vote for, but I do know that whenever I take one of these "find your candidate" type tests, the same person continually shows up. I won't name any names, but he may or not be from a city with lots of wind (one that I happened to visit last weekend) and he may or may not be the fave person of a too-influential-for-her-own-good talk show host that I happen to not be able to even look at, let alone watch.
That said, this guy continually impresses me in debates.
Labels: politics

2 Comments:
Thanks for "find your candidate" link. It gave me the person I was already voting for.
Steve hearts him some Mike Huckabee. I don't know if that helps given how incredibly conservative he is.
I am on the "anybody but Hillary" train. That's as far as I have made it.
Post a Comment
<< Home