Chain Reaction
My hatred for magnetic car ribbons is well documented, but there is another bumper accessory that I have quite a bit of disdain for:
I am not sure if this type of sticker originated with the OBX, but around here, this is the one that is seen most often. It seems as if every beach town, every state, every country, now has one of these stickers. While I see a new letter sticker nearly everyday, there are two that I have seen this week that stick out in my mind. Each proves that this sticker phenomena is out of control and needs to be stopped. (Note: I could not find images of either online so I have recreated them in MS Paint.)
Any guesses what the fine print said? No? Well, it said Delaware Air National Guard.
Now, because this one ended in an I, one might think it would be for "Eastern Long Island" or "Egg Lake Isle" or some other unheard of Island destination. One would be wrong. Wanna know what the fine print said? Yeah, well it said: 2004 NFL First Round Draft Pick.
Ridiculous.
Labels: random

2 Comments:
PYTN
2007 Super Bowl Champ
I heart my Manning brother.
I'll put it next to my MPH one.
I remeber living over in Europe in the Mid 90's and seeing Country Stickers on almost every car, however, over there those stickers actually had an offical purpose, but when I cam back to the states and started seeing those lame OBX stickers I was so put off... at any rate here is an excerpt from Wikipedia that kinda explains the origins of said stickers...
One variety of bumpersticker is the country tag. This is typically used for cars crossing international borders, and is overseen by the United Nations as the Distinguishing Signs of Vehicles in International Traffic, being authorized by the UN's Geneva Convention on Road Traffic (1949) and Vienna Convention on Road Traffic (1968). Often the country code is displayed on the license plate itself.
These have (usually in the USA) been spun off into humorous tags which may indicate a city (OBX), political party (GOP), etc.
Post a Comment
<< Home