Did you feel the mountains tremble?
On the outside, the timing of this cross-country move seems odd. My niece was only a few months old, I had been blessed with an abundance of good friends in the DC area, and I was becoming very involved at Church with the launch of Frontline Arlington at the beginning of this year. But internally, this move had been years in the making.
My three year mark in DC was quickly approaching. It was unbelievable to me that I had been there for longer than I was in Louisville. Even more, I had been at my government job for five long years. In Louisville, I found God and what it meant to live a life for Christ. In DC, I found what happens when you truly attempt to live that life for Him. My life was changed again. It was as a result that He developed in me a passion for poverty and injustice. I went to Africa. Me. The person I was 5 or 6 years ago would not have stepped foot in a third world country. I was scared to ride in a taxi in Miami.
While Colorado does not seem like a very Karynish place, I am here. I am here because the Lord put in me this passion for using my (very limited) skills to help release children from poverty in the name of Jesus Christ. I am blessed to become a part of an organization that means so much to me and whose mission, purpose, and values mirror the Word and Christ's Commission for us as followers of Him.

2 Comments:
I'm glad you're here. Havana's excited about her new friend! (And so's her owner.) :)
Someday soon I hope to post something similar to my blog! I miss you, but am soooo happy for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home