Thursday, January 10, 2008

No complaints, but...

About a week or so before Christmas, a new gym opened up near my house. From the time I moved here, I had visited several gyms, trying to find the one I wanted to join, but had not been satisfied with any of them. One was the YMCA, and let's face it, I'm not exactly the kind of girl that can handle snot-nosed, chlorine-covered, screaming kids running around everywhere when I am trying to get a work out. Another had old equipment and was going to be moving to a new location, further away, in early 2008. And yet another didn't have locker rooms and I just couldn't get over that. So, when I learned that a brand new 24 hour fitness sport would be opening up in December, I sucked it up and waited patiently (probably gaining 5 pounds in the process).

But now the gym is open, I am a member, and I love it. Everything is brand new. There is a pool, hot tub, sauna, basketball court, and a huge locker room with nice showers equipped with shampoo and soap dispensers. Most importantly, I get all this sans snot-nosed children! This makes me happy (not that I don't love children, because I do, I just don't like having to share locker rooms and work out space with hundreds of them).

However (always a however), what is up with improper locker room etiquette by adults? Is it really necessary to prance around for TEN MINUTES completely nude whilst having a conversation with the (clothed) lady next you about how she is SO jealous of your size 2 body and "omg! you have had a kid?!?!?!"? I understand that this is a locker room, and people have to get naked sometimes, but are you incapable of at least putting on a bra and panties while you lather yourself with body lotion? Seriously. And don't get me started on the lady that wanted to have a ten minute conversation about MY BRA. I mean, I know its cute and all, but I just want to change and go work out. I do not want to talk to you people while I am half naked. Is that too much to ask?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger angelareut said...

Oh my gosh. This is your funniest blog yet, and hits close to home. I'm pretty cool about locker rooms, but I once had a woman try to start a conversation (what i did for a living, what kind of workout i did etc) while we were in the shower room taking a shower!!! I can cope with BEING there, but lets all look at the walls and act like we are there alone.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Snowflake said...

I still have nightmares about the saggy 'oldish' lady having a chat with another gym member whilst sitting her wrinkly naked buttocks on a stool (one I have sat on many a time prior to) while leaning over and lotioning herself up trying to keep her knockers from knocking each other about. Yuck-o.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep... that is the most risque post I have ever read... I will now go bath in holy water.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home