Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Basketcase

Do you have the time to listen to me whine? Go back to junior high with me and watch the video for Basketcase by Green Day.

One of the secretaries in my office has been out of the office for over a week now. I inquired about her today to my cubemate. The conversation went as follows:

"You know, the secretary hasn't been here in like a week and a half now."

"She got implants last week, didn't you hear her talking about it?"

"WHAT?! No, I didn't hear anything like that. You are such a liar."

"I'm not lying. She was talking about all the medication that she was going to be on because of the implants. That's why she's been gone."

"What kind of implants?"

"You know. The ones people normally get....(points to his chestal region and whispers).....breast implants."

"You are such a liar."

"Hey C (another guy in office), isn't the secretary getting implants?"

C: "Yep."

"Whatever. You guys are lying."

"Ask the other secretary."

(About a half hour later the other secretary is finished talking to the visitor that she had and she comes over because my cubemate told her that I had a question.)

"Where has the other secretary been?"

(looks at me funny) "She's been out sick because (starts cracking up) she got TEETH implants."

Now, I don't really know what teeth implants actually entail, but I wiped some serious sweat from my forehead. I was really confused for a while there. I can't believe how gullible I am sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home