Friday, April 01, 2005

I've Had Questions

I love Bob. Without going into too much detail of my job, I would just like to say that there is a faceless man named Bob that I adore. Every time I find a problem and ask my supervisor about it, the answer is one of two things:

1. "Maybe you should give the company a call." (Maybe, my butt. What he means is, "Call the company or die trying, Karyn.")
or
2. "Why don't you email Bob about that." (I understand that a sentence that begins with the word "why" should not end with a period, but in this case, it can. This statement is not at all a question, it is a command.)

The first time in which my supervisor told me to email Bob, I was thinking, "But I don't know Bob. Why would Bob help me? Bob is going to be the kind of man whom I email and don't get a response back from until 2 weeks later when the report is already turned in and (most likely) published." I succumbed to the pressure anyway and emailed Bob. Amazingly, Bob called me (yes, on the real telephone) to tell me that he got my email and he would be working on it. He was going to let me know as soon as the problem was fixed. Wow! I was amazed that someone would actually choose to use the phone rather than email. Without fail, Bob sent me an email the day it was corrected.

Since that first instance, I have been "asked" to email Bob at least 2 more times with different problems. One of these times was today. I would just like to say that I sent Bob my email at 11:55 AM (I realized that it was the lunch hour on a Friday and I probably would not hear anything back until much later in the afternoon or on Monday) and received a response from him, with the correction completed, at 12:51 PM.

I still do not know Bob. I could pass him 10 times a day in the hallway and have no idea that he was "my" Bob. However, I feel such admiration for Bob. Bob is my hero. Three cheers for Bob!

Today's song of choice is from my beloved Vine cd. Click here to listen to 'I've Had Questions.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home