I Spy
I apologize in advance. I am in the mood to complain this morning and there is nothing I can do about it. The following is me venting. Today's song is 'I Spy' by one of my favorite bands, Guster.
Things I'm sick of:
1. Wearing a coat. It is March 16th and I am still wearing a winter coat almost everyday. I don't want to put it on anymore. I want to put it away and not see it again until at least November.
2. Constraining my feet in closed-toe shoes. I wanted to wear flip-flops today so badly, yet the high is only 45 and mostly cloudy. My feet want to breathe, they don't want to be covered up everyday, all day, anymore.
3. School buses. There should not be any kind of buses (school, public transport) allowed on the streets. They should have separate roads where they can stop in the middle of the street as much as they want. They should especially not be allowed on two-lane roads during morning rush hour. And this brings me to another point. Why do all lanes have to stop for school buses? There are no children crossing the street. They are getting right on the bus from the side of the road. Okay, I suppose I understand and it is a safety precaution but this doesn't make it any less annoying.
4. Being asked about 'dressing up'. No, I don't have a date after work. No, I don't have a job interview. No, I am definitely not trying to suck-up. I just felt like wearing something other than jeans. Get over it!
5. Dead trees. I know that they aren't 'dead' but they look like it, and I'm sick of it. I want to see some friggin' leaves, and flowers for that matter.
6. Similarly, brown grass. It is almost April for goodness sakes, I want to see some green!
7. Lack of a tan. I am tired of being pale. I am tired of my make-up being too dark because my skin hasn't seen the sun in months. I want to go to the beach. I want to go to the pool. I want to lay out. I want to put on sunscreen. I want to smell the beautiful aroma of coconutty goodness.
8. Construction. Why is it that everywhere I live, roads are being rebuilt? I hate lane shifts. I hate those stupid orange barriers on the sides of the road. I hate seeing the flashing yellow lights of construction vehicles. I hate it when cars in front of me put on their brakes and slow down drastically when they see a flashing light. Don't worry, it's not a cop, you are not going to get pulled over, and you weren't even going over the friggin' speed limit to begin with!
9. BOC Broadcast and PRF status emails. I don't care about Department of Commerce and/or Bureau of the Census news, and I really don't care about the status of a system that I don't even know about, let alone use. Leave me alone. Quit spamming me.
10. GAS analysis. Currently, I hate the state of New York and its stupid referrals that were never completed by the person who was SUPPOSED to correct them during industry analysis. I hate slackers.
I better stop before I begin to offend anyone. Wow. I think I may feel a little better now. Sometimes, a girl just needs to complain.

9 Comments:
Gosh Karyn, why don't you just move back to Florida and be a beach bum. Sounds like all of your problems would go away. hehehe!
Nah, not all of them. There is construction there too. Oh, and buses.
I'm with you on the weather, sandals, trees, grass, tan, BOC emails, and GAS. Warm weather would fix the most of those. And I think there is a way to filter BOC emails straight to the trash can, but I don't know how to do it. And we're stuck with GAS...
"And we're stuck with GAS..."
Why do I find potty humor so funny?
Great idea! Everyone needs a venting list.
Oh yeah! Guster totally kicks butt. The drummer plays with his bare hands on most songs...I love that.
Derick, this is the band that opened for DMB when we went to River Bend. Oh... I forgot that we missed part of it because of the stupid wreck on the bridge. But same band. Guster is good. And after listening to their album today, I have decided that Iron and Wine is good too.
we heard 3 or 4 songs. we were still up in the lawn though, talking.
That's a lot of complaining!
Post a Comment
<< Home