Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Beginning to get to me

Snow Patrol, I curse you. I don't really mean that of course, but I am upset. Seems like the same time last year someone else did this to me. Oh wait, it was the same time last year.

Number of movies watched in the last 5 days: 6.

The Other Sister: Own it. Love it. Had to stop watching when Giovanni Ribisi's character gets trashed on the street because the rest of the movie makes me want to hide under a pillow from embarrassment. 3.5 stars.

Rumor Has It: Reminded me that I really need to see The Graduate. Mark Ruffalo makes this sub par romantic comedy worth watching. I love him. 2.75 stars (not good enough for 3, not bad enough for 2.5).

Mrs. Henderson Presents: Judi Dench is amazing, as usual. Apparently one of the main characters was the first winner of Pop Idol in the UK. I wish I had known this before I watched the movie, but who watches the special features before the movie? Get past the nudity, and this is a really good movie based on a true story during WWII and the London attacks. 4.5 stars.

Fever Pitch (2005): Own it. Love it. Jimmy Fallon, will you marry me? 4 stars.

The Graduate: Funny! And the film making seems progressive for it's time. Realizing that Anne Bancroft was 36, Dustin Hoffman 30, and Katharine Ross 27, during the making of the film helps with the "ew, icky!" factor. Apparently I love Simon & Garfunkel, where can I buy the soundtrack? 4.5 stars.

Transamerica: Funny! That is, if you can get past a few fairly disgusting scenes toward the end of the movie. Felicity Huffman deserved the Golden Globe. Best quote: "We walk among you." 4 stars.

Format stolen from Lisa's Movie Time 2006 list. Her link is always over there on the right. You should click it every once in awhile for humor from the highly educated.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if you had to watch that many movies, at least it was a good selection. (I got stuck with 3 two-star crapfests in a one day period, thought I'd have to give up movies forever). Been wanting to see Mrs Henderson and Transamerica...glad to see they pass your test. PS Thanks for the warm fuzzies. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home