Monday, April 24, 2006

Coming Up to Breathe

Once in a while a perfect weekend comes along. My friends, this past weekend was one of those weekends. Rather than spoiling it by regurgitating back everything I did (and didn't do), I choose to tell you about how it ended.

While I generally go to Church only on Sunday nights, every so often I stop by the morning service (aka Big Church). Yesterday was one of those mornings. When I do this, I usually opt out of Frontline on Sunday night. Not because I do not want to go, but because my Church is a 30 minute drive from my house and gas is selling at a bargain price of $3.01 per gallon. However, since I wanted to attend a meeting after Frontline and I had gotten a ride to Big Church that morning, I thought it worth the drive. The message was entitled "Immersion" and 13 people were baptized live during worship. Todd Phillips delivered a great sermon and answered many questions that people generally have about the practice of Baptism. As usual, Todd closed out the sermon in prayer. Afterwards, I opened my eyes and looked on stage to see six guys lined up across it with instruments in hand. At first I thought, "Who the heck are those guys?" And as it donned on me, Todd announced, "Ladies and Gentlemen, MercyMe!"



(Yes, I carry my camera with me at all times. What is the point of having an elph if you don't carry it in your purse?)

They sang their new single "So Long Self" and then the staple "I Can Only Imagine." Apparently, they had been in town promoting the new album and they had a little extra time to stop by before their 8:30 flight from Reagan. As if I wasn't already excited enough, they then sold their new album (which releases tomorrow) for 5 bucks in the lobby. I highly recommend going out tomorrow and picking it up. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home