We are the sleepyheads
I've come to the conclusion that my lack of interesting things to say is directly proportional to the hell that is "spring forward." Yes, I agree, it is wonderful to have an extra hour of daylight in the evening. An extra hour during which I can take my dog for a longer walk or run than she normally gets. Or an extra hour I have to run errands after work (because once it becomes dark on most weekdays, I am rendered physically incapable of leaving the house). However, the extra hour of sunlight is only deluding us from the real truth like when you think it might be a good idea to stay up and watch the series finale of Sex and the City and cry your eyes out for a solid hour and a half then subsequently lie awake in bed thinking about how Miranda is in for hard times taking care of Steve's mother and baby Brady and how it is a good thing she has Magda around and about how Charlotte's new little baby is going to be forever dressed in Burberry whether she likes it or not and about how Smith, in all of his hotness, truly loves Samantha, hair or no hair, and about how they couldn't have picked a worse first name for Big than John and if he ever breaks Carrie's heart again then he better watch his back. At the time it seems like a good idea to stay up, after all, you have never seen the series finale and it was the talk of the town when it first aired and you felt like a loser because you didn't have HBO and couldn't watch it with the rest of the civilized public. Yes, it's like that. The sunlight deludes you until morning when you are forced to wake up at an hour which is ordinarily meant for sleeping. It is still dark outside with no hope for the sun rising in time for you to not have to turn on the artificial light in your room in order to get ready for work. The truth is, my sleep is important. I need that hour of sleep in the morning and it was cruelly taken away from me. As a result, I have been late to work twice this week. And to make matters worse, I have no groceries at home, and no groceries means no milk or cream for coffee, which means that I have to wait until I get to work in the morning to buy coffee, which means that I am driving to work without my trusty coffee mug, which means that I may as well be driving blind because I swear I cannot remember a thing from my morning commute the last four days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home