Circle of Friends
As I sit here and type this, my BFF from college is on her way to visit. The land of the unknown trials and tribulations of traveling a long distance in a vehicle with a 7-month old baby has been entered.
The last time Hollis came to visit me in DC was in the Fall of 2004, when I first moved here. I hadn't been to the Lincoln Memorial, I hadn't walked around the Tidal Basin, I had never even been to Georgetown. My goodness, I don't think I even had a Smart Trip card yet! But the most glaringly obvious difference between this visit and the last visit is the addition of one who coos and poos and spits and cries and smiles (oh the smiles...they will get you every time). The last time Hollis was here, there was a chance that she might be pregnant for the first time. Both of us were extremely excited about the possibility, but tried not to get our hopes too high. Not letting hopes get too high is a nearly impossible task. A person can say all they want that they are not excited or they aren't expecting a certain outcome of a specific circumstance, but it's all lies. It is human nature to hope for the best. Which we did, and we were disappointed. Hollis, of course, more so than me. But a mere month later, she really was "with child." And now that child is coming to visit with her.

2 Comments:
i didnt know we still used the tearm "BFF". sweet! bring it back!
evidently i dont know how to spell "term"
Post a Comment
<< Home