Sunday, March 05, 2006

This is the Last Time

Why are the male units in this society so ignorant? For almost two months, I have consistently made myself available for this one person that I found to be somewhat interesting and wanted to get to know better. But how many times can I show up at parties and social events only to be disappointed when he doesn't come? I am not one to be overt and obvious...and I don't think he would like a girl to be overt and obvious. But when a semi-cute, but more importantly Christian, girl with good morals is interested in you, you pay attention! Do you really need to be hit over the head with a bat in order to get it? My roommate compared it to a platter. A silver one. That has been handed to him on numerous occasions.

Since the first night that I talked to this guy, I have gone to four, FOUR parties or events that he was also invited to. Two of which I definitely would not have gone to had it not been for the possibility of his presence. Was he at any of them? NO. Because he is male, and thus, an ignorant member of society. Last night may have been one of the most mortifying nights of my life. (In actuality, I was only somewhat mortified, if at all, but my dramatics here are being used in the name of literature.) One of the purposes of the party was to get said male member of society and I together...and apparently, at least 6 other people there knew it. When I walked in the door, everyone gave me this "he's not here yet" look, followed by the "he better come" look. Let me declare here that if you respond "Yes" to an evite then you better very well be there. You don't leave a certain (intelligent) female member of society hanging, looking at the door every time it even thinks about opening.

Furthermore, if two girls invite you and your buddies over to their apartment to cook dinner for you, THEN YOU GO! Without question. You drop everything, and run. Is it that difficult? A girl can only give you so many chances before she is over it. And let me tell you, I'm over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home