White Shadows
Indeed, I made it back from NYC just in time. In fact, the snow began as I was waiting for a ride home from the metro (thanks again Holly!). The snow constantly fell for at least 12 hours. Possibly more, but I was asleep for some of it. We awoke to a winter wonderland of absolutely perfect snow. The most perfect snow I have ever seen (not that I have THAT much to compare it to). The sidewalk had yet to be plowed in this first photo.
Abby LOVES snow. She is like Lorelai on Gilmore Girls when it snows.
Once Molly and Holly woke up, we watched In Her Shoes (the first half was slow but I ended up loving it), then got ready to head out to play (please note: my I heart NY shirt is from a previous trip and I did not purchase it from a 7 for $10 store in Chinatown). Abby is all, "Let me down. I don't have time for you humans when there is snow to be sniffed."
Molly, who is not as adverse to the "low" price mecca as I am, called Wally World to ask if they had sleds in stock. The woman told her they did, and you know where this is going. Of course they didn't. They had plastic pools and inflatable rings but no sleds. They gave up on snow for this year. Alas, we were determined. And where do you think we found some sweet saucer sleds on clearance with beautiful little orange stickers? Of course! My most favorite store on earth. Target. I love Target.
I knew about a hill close by from a snowfall we had last year, so we went there. Abby knew something was missing from that snowman:
You can download a video here of Holly and Molly racing down the hill. Excuse my loud mouth and Holly calling me 'Mom.' Also see Molly get some air on one of the "ramps" the kids built and Holly almost sled into the creek. The photo below is on the other side of the hill, you should ask Holly about that thorn bush on the right. Molly had some good action shots on her camera too, so I will try to get my hands on some of those and update this post with them tonight.
Bonus photos include Molly and I attempting the two person sled and me sledding down on a saucer then turning backwards not by my own will:



3 Comments:
Abby's tummy looks cold!!!
I'm kinda bummed I missed out on this one...of course the biggest snow of the year would be while I'm gone. Oh well.
Wow, looks like you got back in town just in time! Unfortunately, we didn't get any accumulation.
Abby's all.... "I'm a short-haired dog! I'm a short-haired dog!"
Post a Comment
<< Home