Thursday, February 02, 2006

Span the Length of the Isle of Manhattan

I was all set to begin the month with a list of things I was looking forward to in February. It just so happens that there is an abnormal amount of things going on for me this month. However, yesterday as I was preparing to write about them, something even MORE exciting came about. I have known for quite some time that a bunch of bums that I used to work with were going to New York City for a training class. However, I did not get to go to that particular training class. Then, my boss, apparently in the running for social chair, convinced me that I needed to take off work and go just to hang out with them and have a flippin' sweet free place to stay. So I was all, "Why didn't I think of this before?" So I am going to NYC! In a week! Big thanks to Holly for agreeing to watch the Abbs.

Though this excitement has taken over my mind a bit, I am still giddy for other things this month. So without further ado, a list of things to be giddy for:

(1) The first "official" party at my new(ish) apartment. And what else would a party at my apartment be focused on? That's right. Football. Superbowl XL, you better be good to me.

(2) NEW YORK CITY!!! In a week!

(3) Valentine's Day. Yes, I may be single, but February 14th, you will not, I repeat WILL NOT get to me. Luckily, I have other single girlfriends, and we will have more fun than the vast majority of couples who have to worry about what to buy their "sweetheart" for the overrated hallmark holiday.

(4) President's Day weekend. My sister's birthday is on the 16th, but her wonderful husband is going out of town that weekend. Great for me! I get to spend a whole "girls-only" weekend with my big sis. Oh no! I'm so sorry Riley. I'm not calling you a girl. I take back the "girls-only" statement. I get to spend a whole "girls-plus-the-most-handsome-stud-of-a-shih-tzu-I've-ever-seen-only" weekend in the beautiful state of Delaware.

(5) COLDPLAY! FIONA! LOUISVILLE! A few short days after I get back from Delaware, I am off to my most favorite city in the world, okay, maybe just my most favorite city in the US. I get to (1) see Coldplay and the divine Miss Fiona on the 23rd of February, (2) stay in the Wills chateau for the whole weekend and reside with the cutest kid on the planet (even though he cannot sing 'Doorbell' at this point in time), and (3) dine on extravagant meals of fried pickles at the Pub downtown and Sportstime pizza.

That's right, I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home