Friday, January 27, 2006

Evil and a Heathen

Are Brad and Angelina ever home? If they aren't off in Cambodia "saving" children from their normal lives in order to subject them to non-stop jet-setting and paparazzi attacks, then they are at the UN World Economic Forum with Bono becoming ambassadors of goodwill. Soon the entire continent of Africa is going to be surnamed Jolie-Pitt. After Tomkat, I really thought we had hit rock bottom. But the state of our existence as innocent bystanders in a world being taken over by Xenu, the head of the Galactic Federation, is now in jeopardy. We are on the verge of becoming a "Make Poverty History" bracelet wearing blob singing We are the World and waiting on the edge of humanity for the Jolie-Pitt spawn to become our "ridiculously good-looking" leader of the free world.

4 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only good thing about the Brangelina publicity is that adoptions are up. Unfortunately, they're only on the rise OUTSIDE of the US. I mean, it is a valid need that cannot be knocked, but someone should highlight the needs of millions of kids IN the US that need families as well. When will they be a "cool" cause? (Oh, that hurts to type).

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

That is so true. Adopting foreign children is the new black.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

My brother and sister-in-law are in the process of adopting from China.

While I agree that there are plenty of children all around the world in need of adoption, the legalities of adopting within the US was a major turn-off for them as well as the expense. Not that that is an excuse, but it was just a factor in their decision.

Despite the fact that Angelina can be struck with the urge to adopt on a Monday and have a little Maddox by Wednesday, it is not the case for everyone. My brother and his wife have been in this process for close to three years, and it is finally going to come to fruition this summer....though I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow gets delayed since it already has over and over.

I've seen too many positive experiences around me regarding adoption that I can't categorize this as a fad....though with the media focused on Brangelina's every bowel movement, the positive spin on adoption seems somehow tainted.

I hope I haven't come across as upset or ticked by this post, because I'm honestly not. Trust me, the Bono's and Angelina's of the world make me want wretch out my innards.

Now the Xena worshippers....those are some effed up birds. :)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

This is all very true too. I am so excited about Brianna's brother and sister-in-law because I know what they have been through. Not to say that I'm not excited about all the other normal people adopting babies from other countries. But I do think I'm a little tired of the media attention on any celebrity who even thinks about adopting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home