Top Twelve
Rather than the ordinary top ten, I am immortalizing a list of twelve songs of 2005. These are the songs that helped me get through the year. Each song was listened obsessively to during the month it represents. These songs lifted me up when I was down, allowed me to wallow in my sorrows, gave me hope when I felt hopeless, helped me praise God for the things He does, or just made me wanna dance.
January - Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day (American Idiot)
February - Evermore by the Frontline band (originally by Hillsong United)
March - Extraordinary Girl by Green Day (American Idiot)
April - Shining and I've Had Questions by The Vine (Radiate)
May - All These Things That I've Done by The Killers (Hot Fuss)
June - Fix You by Coldplay (X&Y)
July - Louisiana Bayou by Dave Matthews Band (Stand Up)
August - Beverly Hills by Weezer (Make Believe)
September - Marvelous Light by the Frontline band (originally by Charlie Hall)
October - Do You Want To by Franz Ferdinand
November - Your Heart Is An Empty Room by Death Cab for Cutie (Plans)
December - Tears & Rain by James Blunt (Back to Bedlam)
Honorable Mentions:
Everybody's Changing by Keane (Hopes and Fears)
Chocolate by Snow Patrol (Final Straw)
Run by Snow Patrol (Final Straw)
Que Onda Guero by Beck (Guero)
Kingdom Come by Coldplay (X&Y)
Let Go by Frou Frou (Garden State soundtrack)
I Spy by Guster (Lost and Gone Forever)
She Says by Howie Day (Stop All The World Now)
Better Together by Jack Johnson (In Between Dreams)
Freak Me Out by Weezer (Make Believe)

3 Comments:
love it! can you burn these to a cd for me?
What the heck do you need a cd for when you have an IPOD?
Tears and Rain!! I think this is currently my favorite Blunt song too.
Post a Comment
<< Home