Wordplay
On SNL: I had not seen a new episode of Saturday Night Live all season, but I had heard the reviews that it was not very good this year. However this past Saturday, I really wanted to see the musical guest. And the reviews were confirmed, the show was not funny at all. I had no idea who the host was, some guy named Dane something-or-other. I think he may be a comedian, or at least he thinks he is (I beg to differ). The only sketch that I found remotely funny was the opening when they made fun of the ridiculous surge in politically correct holiday references this season. They had a choir that sang 'Silent Night' with new words having nothing to do with Jesus and His birth. Even Weekend Update lacked humor (although I was mildly entertained by Rachel Dratch donning a fat suit in Tyra Banks fashion). I was not, however, disappointed by the musical guest (although, he did seem a bit camera shy and slightly on the verge of paranoia).
On College Football: So we finished 8th in the BCS standings, the highest ranked of any other ACC team. With the FSU win over VT, the seminoles are sent to the Orange Bowl to "represent" the Atlantic Coast Conference. What kind of messed up world do we live in? A team that has lost FOUR games and barely made it into the final top 25 standings, gets to play in the second best bowl against the number 3 team. Even so, I have to say that I am happy Florida State beat Virginia Tech, as they are currently numero uno on my "schools I hate" list. I know, I know. Unheard of that I actually hate them more than the seminoles or the gators. But it's true. I have to live in a state that is swarmed with hokie fans. I constantly see people wearing hokie clothes or drive past cars with hokie stickers. I cringe every time. I cannot look at any anything orange and maroon without scowling. It's ridiculous really. We play LSU in the Peach Bowl, a better matchup than VT got. Makes sense considering we did finish ranked higher than them in all of the polls. They play Louisville. It may be the one day in the history that I will consider wearing my U of L hat. I have a feeling they are going to get their butts beat with the QB out, but maybe they'll surprise us. As for the National Championship, I think it will be a great game. I think Texas has a chance, and I'll be rooting for them (as USC is holding steady at the number 4 spot on the "schools I hate" list).
On the NFL: I really wish that my Fantasy Football team would get their acts together. Only ONE player decided that he felt like scoring a touchdown yesterday. They all played well, raking in the yardage, but only Anquan Boldin crossed the goal line. I already clinched a playoff spot, but they only have one more week to get their acts together. But oh...what is that? The Dolphins won yesterday? They were down 23 - 3 at the end of the third quarter when Frerotte was tackled for a safety and left the game with a concussion, but they won? YES! It's true. They came back and scored THREE touchdowns in the 4th quarter. Amazing. I wish I could have seen it.

6 Comments:
Yeah right. We all know the real reason you are glad that FSU beat VT is because you were afraid that Miami would have to play Louisville ; )
Good luck against that yucky yurple team. And please do wear your Louisville hat Jan 2nd. We'll need all the luck we can get against that gang of classless thugs.
Like I'm afraid of the Cards? Puh-lease! But as for VT, classless thugs is exactly right.
but who was the musical guest?!? you left me in such suspense!
That was the point. Well, that and I don't want him to go all mainstream and become an everyday name. It was James Blunt.
What is the Atlanta Coast Conference?
I have no idea what you are talking about Andy.
Post a Comment
<< Home