Thursday, November 17, 2005

Baby, It's Cold Outside

After a sweltering, humid, 75 degrees yesterday morning, the drop finally came. It dropped 20 degrees yesterday afternoon within an hour...it was crazy. Last night when Lost was over, Abby still had not been on a proper walk as a result of the rain. I had to do some serious bundling up before going back outside with her (not to mention the fact that I had to take my cell phone and call my mommy while I was walking outside in the dark because I was afraid The Others were going to come and get me...they killed the doctor from Ed, they could snap my neck or drag me into the woods too!).

So this morning when I checked the temperature before getting dressed my firefox icon read 34 degrees! I whipped out jeans and a sweater....and yes, even a coat! By the time I got to my car to leave for work, equipped with my egg nog creamered coffee, I was finally ready. Ready to break out the tunes...the Christmas tunes.

You see, in my family we have a long-standing tradition of not listening to Christmas music until the day after thanksgiving as soon as we get in the car (usually before 6 am) and head to the shops. However, this year, OFO Christmas takes place 2 days after thanksgiving, only 9 days away from right now. As a result, the Christmas tune rule (probably number 897) was waived. The fam has been rockin' out for days now, but I just hadn't felt right about it...until this morning. It was thirty-something degrees outside and it got me in the mood.

I whipped out my iPod and first listened to Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. That's right, there is NO SHAME. I own the 'Nsync Christmas album and guess what? I LOVE IT! I bounced around in the car touched the floor and the ceiling and called my sister so she could share in hearing my gorgeous voice at 7 in the morning (she mentioned something about her eyes watering...I don't know what she could have been talking about!). Then came Christmas Tree from Home Alone Christmas ("Christmas tree I'm certain, wherever I roam, the glow from your branches will light my way home. It's Christmas, it's Christmas, and I'm going hooooooome."). Then my girls T-boz, Left-Eye (RIP), and Chili singin' some Sleigh Ride. Then "Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day, you gave it away. This year, to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special" by the dude from Savage Garden. Then finally my favorite (which I actually cheated by listening to, but NOT singing when I was arranging my Christmas playlist over the weekend) - Baby, It's Cold Outside from the movie that I watched at least 8 times in a matter of only a few weeks last holiday season, ELF! And the last song that I put on as I was parking my car, All I Want for Christmas is You (Yooouuuu-ooo-oooo-baby) by Mariah Carey.

So break out your tunes early with me and sing!

4 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Brianna said...

"Presenting Santa Claus."

"SANTA! AHHHHH! I KNOW HIM!!!"

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Vannah said...

I'm so jealous that you are enjoying all of those fun holiday creamers, we can't find them anywhere.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

I'm trying to hold out on watching Elf until next weekend...it's going to be difficult though!

I was just telling Brianna that the Gingerbread one was sold out so I still haven't got to try that one. They better have it next time!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger fatjeremy said...

heck yeah, its christmas music time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home