...And three nobody remembers
My stomach was in knots all day Saturday, as well as much of Friday night. This was the biggest game of the season. If we won, we would have hope to make it to the National Championship, if we lost, there would be no hope to even make to the ACC Championship. Saturday night at 7:45 finally came, and I was curled up in a ball on my couch, clutching a pillow, and rigorously chewing a piece of bubble gum. When Marcus Vick fumbled in the first half, leading to our first 3 points, I jumped up from the couch, pointed at the television and yelled, "EAT IT VICK!" Little did I know that I was going to have the chance to say that 5 more times as The U forced him into more turnovers.
Though we shut them out for most of the game, I was still unable to relax. I stayed in my one spot on the couch as I am now convinced that is the "lucky" seat. It was not until after the game when my sister called that I remembered that I could now throw out the extremely tough piece of bubble gum in my mouth. Those of you laughing at me, know that I am not the only superstitious 'Canes fan. My sister plans to leave her shirt unwashed, as it has been since we went to the Temple game, and my mother may never wear her orange shirt, which she hasn't worn since the FSU game, ever again.
Our prayers remain with Tyrone Moss. We will know more about the severity of his knee injury after his MRI today and whether or not he will make it back this season. It will be a tough road without him, we have 3 good teams yet to play, and beat, before we can even think about the ACC Championship. However, for now, as we all like to say...
...It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!
(updated on Monday, November 7)


1 Comments:
It's great to be a Miami Hurricane! It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!
It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!
Last time...It's great to be a Miami HURRICANE!
Post a Comment
<< Home