Thursday, October 27, 2005

Where is my hairbrush?

Ever since I can remember (ha!), I have been the most forgetful person ever. Only, I don't forget names or numbers, I forget things. When I was in junior high and high school, I had orthodontic work done. My dad paid for it, which means my orthodontist was in Miami Lakes, an hour and a half away (in good traffic) from my house. My appointments were always first thing in the morning. I would have to go to my dad's the night before, sleep over, then he would take me back to the Keys after my appointment. We would try to schedule appointments the morning after an away ballgame. That way, my dad could come to my game (somewhere in Miami), then I could just go home with him from there. Other times, my mom would drive me halfway and we would meet my dad in the parking lot of Cutler Ridge Mall. I cannot tell you how many times I forgot my retainer in the Keys. My parents would get so angry with me, "How can you forget it? You have to wear it every night!" Or I would forget that stupid head gear thing that I had to wear for a few months that my sister loved oh so much to make fun of, or the "key" to that contraption that was in my mouth that widened my jaw (yeah, I had jacked up teeth). One time I remember that my Aunt who lived in the Keys but worked at Homestead Hospital took my retainer to work with her so we wouldn't have to go all the way back to the Keys to pick it up. That was a long, quiet journey. I had probably already been yelled at, so I just went the silent treatment route.

Even now, ten years later, I still forget things all. the. time. Over the summer, I left a book, my very loved tweezerman tweezers, and a pair of jeans at my family's house in Indiana. I leave things at my sister's in Delaware almost every time I go visit. Last week, I drove to my sister's on Wednesday night so they could watch Abby while I was out of town, then I flew out of Philadelphia the next morning. I realized on Friday morning, while drying my hair in Hollis' bathroom, that my hairbrush was missing. I left it in the bathroom at Krista's. I made a mental note to pick it up when I picked Abby up. Yeah right. I'm still drying my hair with a comb because my hairbrush is still at Krista's. Not only that, my cell phone charger was left in the outlet under the ironing board in Massachusetts. My cell phone charger. Something that is sort of a necessity when you only have one phone. I am cheap, so I don't purchase a ton of accessories for my phone, therefore, I do not have a car charger. My phone is dead. Luckily, I have awesome friends and family that will mail my belongings back to me. My mom mailed me my tweezers. My sister brought me my book. My aunt mailed me my jeans. My sister is mailing my hairbrush. And Hollis mailed my phone charger. Great people I tell you, great people.

Sidenote: It is really not a good thing to have no cell phone when there is a SCREW IN YOUR TIRE. Yes, my tire may as well have been flat when I was leaving work yesterday. I filled it up at the gas station before going home. It looked alright when I got home (all the tire fixing places were closed) and it looked okay this morning. I need to go get it patched on my lunch break. This is the thing I hate about being single - no husband to take care of car trouble for me.

4 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger fatjeremy said...

i hear eating more fish will improve your memory, but i woudlnt know anything about that since i hate fish, but adam bugs me all the time, because i forget stuff too.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Hollis said...

You know what's funny? When I went to the post office to mail you your charger, I realized I left your address sitting on the kitchen floor! And I couldn't call you b/c your phone was dead and I didn't have your work #. Thankfully Rich was at his desk and he checked my email for me! Hope your charger arrives today... :)

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

Oh no! Thank goodness Rich came to the rescue. I am crossing my fingers that I get it today.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that was a good reminder to mail your hairbrush...I completely forgot! :) Will do it this afternoon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home