Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Here Comes the Sun

When I lived in Kentucky, I used to get and be to work by 6:30 (give or take 10 minutes) every morning. I am not sure what possessed me to do this. I guess I figured, everyone else was doing it, why not me. Maybe I never got the jumping off the bridge because everyone else is doing it lesson from my mom. Then I moved to DC. I started out getting here at 6:30, and it lasted for awhile...until all motivation caused by overtime ceased and I started realizing that I was the only person I knew that was getting up and going to work that early in the morning, other than the people that I work with. So, I started the 7:30 routine.

It was great, the sun would wake me up in the morning, and if my alarm failed, I knew I could count on the sun, unless it was raining on that particular day, in which case, I never want to get out of bed anyway. You see, there is very little that makes me want to get out of my nice, comfortable bed and come to work on a weekday.

I have now run into one small, no HUGE, snag in my plan - THE SUN DOESN'T COME OUT IN THE MORNING ANYMORE. Apparently there is this whole phenomenon of the sun rising later and later as it gets colder and colder. So now I face two additional obstacles every morning that cause me to want to stay in bed; (1) It's cold outside and my bed is warm and cozy, and (2) It's dark outside and if the sun is not up yet, then I don't need to be either.

I have also got into the continually horrid habit of pressing the snooze. This morning, I swear, my alarm went off once at 5:40, then never went off again, until I reset it for 6:20. Granted, I could very well be turning things off and on in my sleep, I have been known to do so. Now, 6:20 would have been all fine and good had it been a normal morning. I need to be walking out my front door at 7 to get to my desk by 7:30. I was indeed walking out MY front door at 7:00. Only for the last 3 days I have been pet-sitting AGAIN for my old neighbor. So for the third day in a row, I was 10 minutes late to work...okay, fine, maybe it was closer to 15 minutes late by the time I got to my desk, but everyone knows that once you enter the parking lot, you are at work. At least that's the way I look at it...not sure if my boss sees it the same.

2 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Brianna said...

Must be an epidemic today....I was 15 minutes late as well, but only because I overslept until 7:25, which is about the time I need to leave if I want to get to work on time. Ah well.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger fatjeremy said...

not to fear. soon it will be daylight savings and the sun will be back out in the moring. of course the pay off is going home after work and the sun is already gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home