If you're out on the road, feelin' lonely and so cold...
I am about to jump through the television screen and KICK RORY'S BUTT! Does she not listen to the theme song at the beginning of the show? It says, "Where you lead, I will follow, anywhere that you tell me to." Well, Little Miss 'I'm going to drop out of Yale because my rich boyfriend's daddy whose family doesn't like me told me that I won't be able to cut it in the Journalism industry' Gilmore, YOU ARE NOT GOING WHERE YOUR MOTHER TOLD YOU TO GO. I can barely watch the TV without a scowl on my face every time she is on the screen. I do not like this person that she has become. The Rory that I know would not move into her grandparent's house against her mother's will. The Rory that I know would not go for a joy ride in someone else's sailboat. The Rory that I know would not drop out of Yale. The Rory that I know would care if her boyfriend brought over 3 of his friends to drink in her house while she was not present. The Rory that I know would not fly to New York City on 20 minutes notice taking no luggage with her. And finally, the Rory that I know would definitely not be sleeping with her boyfriend IN EVERY EPISODE.
Now, that said, is it not painstakingly obvious that Rory has the exact same organization and hospitality skills as her mother? Granted, Lorelai is not very organized when it comes to her personal life, but at work, yeah, she can put together a themed weekend wedding extravaganza like no other. Last week, Rory organized the community service trash pick-up crew, the dance lessons for the DAR, and scoped out the gossip for Emily. This week, she put together an entire shindig, complete with salmon puffs, at the Gilmore mansion. If I had to put money on it, I would venture to bet that Rory is headed for some kind of hospitality or event planning or managerial career.
Other notes: It was good to finally see Kirk again ("Are you a Martha or a Davie?"). I am sick of seeing Logan lounging in Rory's bed or on her couch with his shirt off. Wait, I am sick of seeing Logan altogether. And, I LOVE Paul Anka. He's the best new Gilmore Girls character ever.

1 Comments:
I agree, Logan is bugging me big time. I don't think the grandparents know that he's hanging out in her bed so much, but when they find out it should be classic.
Paul Anka is an awesome "Rory substitute".
Jackson's cousin-or-whatever was slimy and gross but at least Lorelei held her own against him.
Lorelei: "I have two 'Mary is my Home-Girl t-shirts'" - somehow I totally believe her.
Post a Comment
<< Home