Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Your Heart is an Empty Room

I truly wish I had an apartment full of empty rooms right about now. How I accumulated so much stuff, I will never know. There are literally things coming out of the woodwork. The other day we found a receipt from 1998. Yes, that is SEVEN years ago. And it wasn't like I had saved it because there was some kind of big purchase on it. If I remember correctly, I bought clean n' clear, tampax, herbal essence shampoo and conditioner, and a Madonna cd.

On Friday I was praying hard for two things: (1) that the rain would stop by Saturday morning, and (2) that I would have enough helpers, primarily guys, to move all my heavy furniture. God answered one of my prayers and I felt so blessed! I ended up having about 7 or 8 people helping, and 4 of them were guys. They kind of just took charge and I didn't have to worry about taking the door off the hinges or carrying the awkwardly heavy television. It was awesome....and thank the Lord for tarps. They were handy since I really did not want rain spots all over my nice red couches.

In sports - Braves and Dolphins, you are lucky that the 'Canes had a blowout of a game on Saturday, and Dolphins, you are especially lucky that Willis McGahee helped me win my matchup in Fantasy Football.

In world news - I am still trying to wrap my thoughts around the earthquake. I am appalled that I was so wrapped up in my own life and moving and football, that I didn't even know about it until Sunday afternoon.

In music - I hesitate a bit in saying (because I don't want them to become so mainstream that I hear people in my office talking about them), but the new Death Cab for Cutie album is my new favorite. It has been for about 3 weeks now. Still can't stop listening to it. I would post the blog title song for download, but I highly doubt that I'll have time once I get home...so sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home