21 Things I Want
People have always told me that I should write a list of qualities that I want in a future husband. I never took to this advice because I thought it was silly and something that a ten year old girl would do while playing with wedding Barbie and Ken. Several weeks ago, I was finally convinced to write this list. Alanis Morissette has a song called 21 Things I Want In A Lover on her 'Under Rug Swept' album. I figured, if Alanis can do it, then so can I.
Now, for people who have read my list, Alanis also says, "These are 21 things that I want, not necessarily needs but qualities that I prefer." There are actually 20 things on my list right now, but last night I realized that I was missing some key attributes like, oh, honest and loyal. I have no clue why these things never occurred to me. Now I have a problem, my list is already quite long, and some say that it is way too specific and well, comical. The thought has occurred to me that maybe I have been blogging for too long and now whenever I write anything, it is intended to have some sort of entertainment value. Maybe I was trying to amuse myself with the things I put on my list, but I really do want someone who can like the Hurricanes and Dave Matthews Band. I can't imagine having to live with someone who didn't. Yes, this may seem silly, but hey, this is forever we are talking about. I need someone who will be supportive and share my small obsessions, because let's face it, they are never going away. I bleed orange and green while listening to Before These Crowded Streets.
I understand that pulling from Alanis Morissette is kind of an odd thing to do, but this part of the song (with the exception of the no pressure part) sums up how I feel and I leave you this morning with it:
I'm in no hurry, I could wait forever
I'm in no rush cuz I like being solo
There are no worries and certainly no pressure, in the meantime
I'll live like there's no tomorrow

1 Comments:
Very wise advice from my Grace!
Post a Comment
<< Home