Tuesday, November 01, 2005

In My Place

At the Costume Party on Saturday night, one of the children was eating his dinner at a table all by himself. Once all of us got our food, we joined him at his big table. I was seated right next to the 6 year old. I asked him how old he was and what grade he was in, to which he replied, "First." He was a very quiet boy, and I was unsure of what to talk to him about, so I asked him the name of his school teacher. He replied, "Mrs. Dick." I almost spit out my food, and asked him to repeat it, "Mrs. Dick," he said again, this time a little louder. I was trying my best not to laugh when one of the girls across the table asked me, "What did he say her name was?" I didn't want to repeat what I thought he said, so I turned back to him and somehow got out, "Could you tell her what your teacher's name is?" through my laughter. This time he replied so loudly, that we all heard him clearly, "MRS. DICK!" Not a one of us knew what to say until finally the girl next to me piped up with, "So, what's your favorite subject?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home