Indescribable
Abby seriously had the best weekend ever. First, she figured out that we were pet-sitting for Rocket. Meaning, she could take walks with another canine and they could plan their strategy for pulling me in opposite directions and torturing me incessantly on every walk that we would go on. Next, on Saturday morning, she went to a restaurant for the first time in her life. I met a few people for breakfast in Del Ray and we sat in the outdoor seating where Abby could sit on the sidewalk and charm every passerby. Then, we went over to Holly's house to meet some other people who were joining us hiking, and she ran around looking for Oakley (the yellow lab that is currently out of town). She was a bit bummed that he was no where to be found but she sure could smell him. Once all the people were gathered at Holly's, we were walking out the door to take off, and Abby lagged behind. She assumed that she was going to stay there while we went somewhere exciting without her. When she realized that she got to go too, she was obviously thinking, "Man! Is it Christmas already?"
Great Falls is simply indescribable. Luckily, I don't have to describe it, I can show you. It is unbelievable that this beauty is only a few miles up the Potomac from one of the most powerful cities in the world.




Abby was in heaven. People, do I not have the most beautiful dog in the world? I mean, c'mon, how can you not love her.

By the time we got home, she was worn out. But wait! That's not all. Rocket came over for a few hours and played with her. She got to show him her new apartment AND show him who was boss. Once he went home, then it was time for that crazy thing her mama watches called football, so she just decided to turn in early.
On Sunday afternoon, I decided to go to Old Town to eat Chipotle with Holly and Lisa. It was so nice outside, I figured why not take Abby along again and we can eat outside. So she went to Old Town for the first time. It was a bit difficult holding a leash and eating a burrito at the same time, so there were stains pretty much down the front of my shirt. Therefore, we would have to go into the Gap outlet across the street and see if there were any replacement shirts to be bought. We stopped in at the Nine West outlet first. The door was open, and it was crowded, so I figured no one would notice her if she came in as well. So she got to go shoe shopping! We sent Holly in to ask a friendly Gap associate if dogs were allowed in the store...and they said yes! I knew that Old Town was dog friendly, but I seriously didn't know it was THAT dog friendly. By the end of the day, Abby added Banana Republic, Restoration Hardware, and a local Virginia store to her list of stores that she shopped in. Seriously, her best. weekend. ever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home