Wind Beneath My...Wings?
On Saturday, Brianna, Holly, and I went downtown to the Smithsonian. Given that the previous day had a high of 62, we did not take our heavy coats. It was fairly chilly when we left the apartment but we weren't absolutely miserable in what we had chosen to wear. We drove to the metro and as we were waiting on the platform for the train, we noticed it was already much colder than we had left.
Fast forward a few hours. We had finished perusing the National Galleries and were headed towards the metro. Little did we know that the Mall had turned into the BITTER COLD WIND TUNNEL OF DEATH. The sky was FIERCE and the wind. Oh, the wind. Let's just say it took the entire metro ride for our ears to recover from walking against it for several blocks.
Photographic evidence of the FIERCE sky. And don't let that crazy dude in the shorts on the left fool you into thinking that it wasn't cold because, my goodness, I could hardly stand still to take this picture (hence the off-centeredness). I should have taken a video, but I was way too cold to think of that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home