The State of the Union
Living and working outside of the District, I sometimes forget that I live in the most powerful city in the free world (or at least in it's metro area). Having no mind for politics, I tend to block out all of the things that go on in this city. For example, when did I realize that the State of the Union address was tonight? Um, last night. My roommate wants me to go to a State of the Union party being held at one of the conservative organizations downtown. Whilst emailing about whether or not I should go and my overwhelming lack of political interest, she cracked me up with this:
"Well, you care about soulless, over populated animals enough to give up delicious filet minon and hamburgers...I suppose that is a start.
...now I just have to get you to care about helpless babies who are aborted by having their brains sucked out through a tube and their limbs ripped from their tiny cringing bodies enough to research and vote for pro-life candidates who are friendly to the crisis pregnancy center movement and who will stop funding the massive genocide!"
Later, Brianna and I were discussing whether or not I should go:
"They said the main topics that the American public is interested in is (1) Iraq (my opinion: sucks, but what are you gonna do?), (2)Economy (I do my part by shopping regularly), and (3) Terrorists (I'm not one!)."
I love my friends.
(Disclaimer: My roommate was pointing out that I don't research political candidates and vote, not that I support abortion. Because I don't. Support abortion, that is.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home