Monday, January 30, 2006

Get Behind Me, Satan

The world of video iPods is out to get me. As if it wasn't enough that when I got back from Christmas vacation, my boss was sporting his brand new shiny 30 gb video. It has only gone downhill from there, and all within the last few days. On Friday, in one of my 67 emails from Brianna (for every 67 she sends, I send at least 83), she informed me that her father, who had been at a work conference down in Florida, had apparently won a video iPod in some kind of raffle. The jealousy was beginning to rise up inside, however, I felt happy for Brianna because you would think a parent who has no clue of technology would pass it along to his daughter, right? WRONG! Brianna visited her parents over the weekend, and feasted her eyes on the iPod. She told her dad that it would hold every single cd her parents owned and have plenty of room left for any cd they bought for the rest of their lives. To which her dad replied, "Well, why would I ever need that? I think I'll sell it on ebay." SACRILEGE. Then, THEN, it got much, much worse. The secretary in my office, the subject of this talked about post and the 'How to Annoy Me' of today, throws her new 30 gb video in my face as soon as I walked into the office this morning. Granted, she had nine songs on her shuffle that she got for Christmas...NINE. But no, that wasn't the end of the video iPod madness. I was minding my own business on the treadmill at the gym tonight when the guy who freaks me out walks in. And what does he have in his hands? THAT'S RIGHT! A dang brand new Video iPod. No matter what this world of Video iPods throws at me, I am sticking to my guns that I will not purchase a new one until they make one the size of the Nano that holds at least 30 gb. Not to mention that Envy is one of the seven deadly sins, to which I say, "GET BEHIND ME, SATAN!"

5 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Hollis said...

Guess what! My mom just got a video ipod. She's using it for her teaching and is trying to get a whole set of them for her students to use for podcasts. Still no ipod of any kind for me though :(

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Karyn said...

Of course she did.

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason got a video ipod as a Christmas bonus at work. He's worthy, since he already has a 20GB mp3 player that's full, but put him on your list, b/c he wants to sell it on ebay too. Forget that his OWN WIFE has no mp3 player to her name whatsoever, and that the ipod is 10 times better than the mp3 player he got 5 years ago. The battle is not over.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Brianna said...

I really could have tried harder for that iPod.....batted the eyelashes a little more, worked the puppy dog eyes, threatened to forever remove Isaac from his life....

Alas, I couldn't. I just felt like a spoiled little girl. I mean, he just bought me my 6 GB Zen so it was hard for me to justify.

Bother my conscience!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

I would be kicking Jason's butt so hard if he sold that thing on ebay.

I really thought that 6 gb would be enough for me, and it is, for the most part. I have to take stuff off to put new stuff on, but I don't listen to everything on there all the time. However, it would be nice to have the option to listen to anything i my music collection any time I want to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home