Tuesday, February 07, 2006

How to Seriously PISS Me Off

Several months ago, I decided on a whim to run to DSW on my lunch break. It is necessary to get on the interstate in order to arrive at the shoe mecca, therefore the Beltway and daytime semi-trucks were in my future. On the way there, all the lanes had at least one semi in them, several of which were filled with ground materials. Something flew out at me, causing me to duck, and it immediately chipped my windshield. I was fuming. I was fuming even more when I got to DSW and found absolutely nothing that fit the bill of what I was looking for.

Fast forward to today, I decide to go to the same shopping center on my lunch break, however, not to DSW. As I was contemplating whether or not I should go, I recalled the chip still in my windshield and thought to myself, "Oh, I would be so mad if that happened again, but what are the chances? I'll be fine." LO AND FREAKING BEHOLD, almost immediately after I merged on to the interstate, a rock comes flying at me. It immediately cracked, yes, CRACKED not chipped, my windshield. As soon as I recovered from the flinch, I looked to the spot it hit, and the crack was already 3 inches long. I watched as the crack continued to grow IN FRONT OF MY EYES. By the time I returned to work after eating lunch, the crack was at least 6 inches long.

No matter how many times I say it, car problems are the absolute worst thing in the world. Not only am I faced with my singleness each and every time, I also have to deal with insurance companies and mechanics who think I am retarded and losing my vehicle for only God knows how long and attempting to find other means of transportation.

Today, I choose to blame Maryland and it's stupid interstates that are always overrun with trucks who think they own the road and choose to take out every little compact vehicle rock by freaking rock.

I hate Maryland.

And I'm going to go cry in the bathroom now.

3 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Brianna said...

I'm now adding "lo and freaking behold" to my vocabulary.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Karyn said...

The crack is now at least 2 feet long. NICE. It will probably reach all the way across the windshield by the end of the day. I'm not getting it fixed until I go to Louisville though. That way, I won't be without a car while I am at home.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of you today when I was behind a dump truck and it had a huge sign on the back that simply said "NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN WINDSHIELDS." I thought "that's perfect" and immediately swerved out from behind the monster who's knowingly flinging rocks at people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home