What Sarah Said
Alas, time for the final Rose Ceremony and hence, the final Bachelor in Paris blog.
OF COURSE Travis' family is going to like Sarah better. Per previous episodes, Moana clearly does not do well in a group setting of any sort. Yes, she bff'ed with Travis' sister and brother in law when she was one on one with them, but she cannot pull herself together when it comes to impressing more than one person at a time. I was literally hiding behind a blanket and plugging my ears when she was at the dinner table and couldn't answer the simple question, "What is your connection with Travis?" or "What do you see in Travis?" She was speechless in every respect of the word, and her only way of conveying her feelings was to break down in tears. If we would have had a Moana drinking game (take a shot every time Moana cries), I would have been passed out before the Rose Ceremony.
Sarah, however, charmed the pants off that family. She is such a genuine individual, what guy wouldn't want to take her home to meet Mom and Dad? (And in response to the little girl saying she liked Moana better...I am going with the recency theory. She met Moana last so she was in the forefront of her mind. Children are like that; it's a fact.) As much as I love both Moana and Sarah, I'm not digging the bad press that Sarah has been getting. People saying that she is too "blah" or that they didn't have enough chemistry. HELLO people! It's called editing. Of course they wanted to make it look like Travis liked Moana more, or they had more passion, because they wanted to throw us off.
My heart broke with Moana's. I hereby nominate her for the next Bachelorette. I couldn't handle watching her gasp for air through her tears in the limo and saying that guys like that never marry girls like her. Moana darling, you are absolutely stunning. You were poised and held yourself together when Travis told you the bad news. I hate that this show puts the runner-up through that misery. Travis is bound not to talk about his feelings to the girls, so they are left to figure them out on their own. Moana felt so strongly for Travis, she could only assume that the feelings were reciprocated. But, there was still that other girl. Sarah said it over and over (and over) again, her and Travis are perfect for each other.
Just like Sabrina, I believe Moana found herself in Paris. I am a firm believer in clearly defining yourself before making any lifelong decisions. Had she been proposed to and accepted, I'm not sure she would not have regretted her decision (double negative, read as: she probably would have regretted her decision).
I am hanging on to high hopes for Travis and Sarah. I want them to make it. I think they can make it. I think the non-proposal was the way to go. I honestly don't know if Sarah would have accepted a proposal at the rose ceremony. I think they both have good heads on their shoulders and they know that experiencing each other in the real world is a vital element to making the relationship work.
Here's to Travis and Sarah.
And here's to Moana finding someone perfect for her.

2 Comments:
eww. you're talking about the bachelor. amazing race tonight!
WOW! I really didn't think about how much editing plays a part in the whole show story process but you are right. I really did not feel any sympathy or even empathy for Moana at all, suprisingly to me most watchers did. She just felt constipated and fake to me. She needs a guy like Vin Diesel in her life.
Post a Comment
<< Home