Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm either sick in the head...

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a slight unhealthy obsession with the Gap, Inc. stores. Old Navy has been losing ground lately, as I have been opting more towards wardrobe basics from the Gap (in marketing terms, called cannibalism). Banana Republic has been losing ground to LOFT, as their clearance section is MUCH bigger. However, the obsession is still there. Is it not humanly possible to go to a mall without at least checking out the sale section at the Gap? I think not. And I challenge any one of you to handle that kind of pressure. That is, walking past the beautiful aroma of denim and not at least going in for a quick look-see.

In order to keep up with the vast amount of monthly bills that I have to pay, I keep a spreadsheet that documents the day on which each bill is due. As I was checking out my spreadsheet, I noticed that my GapCard bill is usually due this week. Once the panic subsided, I thought back to all the mail that I have received in the last 2 weeks. I never saw a bill from the Gap! [I am not big fan of the frequent use of credit cards. I have my GapCard and one major credit card in my wallet that I use for emergencies. I keep (and use) my GapCard because I earn points that get me $10 vouchers. I believe you get a voucher for every 200 points (usually 1 point per dollar but sometimes they run double point specials). Additionally, you can use your GapCard at Old Navy and Banana Republic as well, adding to your point totals.] I pay the complete balance off every time I get a bill, and considering I use my GapCard every single time I make a purchase at one of three stores, I have a bill every month. It has been ages since I didn't receive a Gap bill and at the rate I've been shopping lately? Surely the bill had come in the mail and I misplaced it. I went immediately to my account online, and lo and behold, NO BALANCE! This is unheard of. It has been at least a month since I made a Gap, Inc. purchase?!?! This month shall go down in history.

Now, please, stand and applaud my restraint that I knew not I had.

1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Heather B. said...

You're way better than I. I maxed out my GapCard. It's now painful to go into a Gap subsidiary, but I still love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home