Thursday, April 13, 2006

Majesty

For many weeks they have been announcing an upcoming Delirious? concert at church. Even though I heart Delirious?(and the question mark after their name), I had not purchased a ticket. The concert was to take place on a Wednesday night and I mold young minds at Church on Wednesday nights. Last night while I was checking in at the volunteer table, I turned as someone was walking towards us to the main entrance of the Church. He was on the verge of vertically challenged and reminded me of one of the hobbits. I vaguely remembered another time in which someone reminded me of that particular hobbit and it hit me. I leaned over to the girl next to me and said, "Um...that's the lead singer of Delirious?" Later, I realized that the concert was not scheduled to begin until 8 and technically, my small group is over at 7:40. After small group, I felt it my duty to go buy a ticket and attend the concert, after all, the lead singer DID walk right by me. If that is not a sign then I don't know what is. As I stood in line waiting to fork over my twenty bucks, the man in front of me turned and said, "Are you going to buy a ticket? We have an extra here if you want it....like for free." Sweet.

Tree 63
, another British band, opened the show. I chilled in the back and sang along with the songs I knew. Both bands were quite talkative and at one point I had to immediately start recording my thoughts in relation to what the Tree 63 guy was saying (some of the following thoughts came from my memory of what he said, but most are my own):

We often hear that people think that Christianity is a crutch that weak people use because they cannot hack it on their own. (I know that I have heard this from numerous non-Christian friends.) Rather, the strong are the ones that come to realize the saving grace of Jesus. It is the strong that have the courage to stand up, admit that this life is not all about them, and accept the love of Christ. It is the strong that stand up for Jesus in this unbelieving world despite how people will perceive them. People say that Christianity is the easy way out. It is not easy to go out on a limb and proclaim faith in God - faith that He sent His Son to die for our sins. In this day and age, Christianity is not the cool thing. If we chose a religion based on the coolness factor, wouldn't we be off meditating with Madonna or giving birth silently using an adult pacifier? Even as an adult, I face persecution for my faith on a near daily basis. Often times I even hold back on my own website because I am afraid someone reading it may think that I am a Bible-thumping Jesus freak. You know what, I am! I love Jesus and accept that He sent His Son to die for us. I believe that Jesus was crucified on the cross. And I believe that He rose three days later. I believe in a second coming. I believe that the Holy Spirit lives in me. I believe that when I leave this earth I will go to heaven and worship the God of the universe for eternity. I believe in God. In all of His awesomeness. In all of His power. In all of His wisdom. In all of His glory. In all of His love.

I pray that one day every knee will bow and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Happy Easter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home