Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Lightness

Over at the Best Week Ever blog, they posted this 'answer the question with the title of the next song that comes on shuffle on your iPod' thing. You can check out the "rules" and read their answers here. I decided to do it and my answers are posted below. I promise, I did absolutely zero lying or skipping.

How does the world see you?

"The Delicate Place" - Spoon

Will I have a happy life?

"Something Beautiful" - Jars of Clay

What do my friends really think of me?

"God's Romance" - The Vine, 2003

Do people secretly lust after me? (To which my iPod points and laughs at the thought.)

"Happy Inn" - The Muckrakers

How can I make myself happy?

"Rain Down" - The Vine (originally by Delirious?)

What should I do with my life?

"Clark Gable" - The Postal Service

(My iPod clearly thinks that this game is dumb and refuses to answer the questions.)

Will I ever have children?

"We Built Another World" - Wolf Parade

(Great.)

What is some good advice for me?

"Keep Singing" - MercyMe

(Sweet! And that reminds me of a little story: Last week at the Delirious? concert, I was chillin' in the back portion of the Church. In the row in front of me sat three middle-aged women and a boy in his late teens (one of the women's sons). During one of the more popular songs (i.e.-one that I knew), everyone stood and sang along, including me. We had been singing for about one minute when the lady directly in front of me moved to the other side of her friend, thus leaving an open seat in front of me, but in between their "party". This, my dear friends, is precisely the reason I will never try out for American Idol. It crossed my mind that the lady may have moved to allow more dancing room for herself, however, I am 90 percent certain she moved so she would no longer be tortured by the sound that is my singing voice. My only consolation is that later in the show her friend scooted in, filling the open seat.)

How will I be remembered?

"The Space Between" - Dave Matthews Band

What is my signature dancing song?

"Sleepin' Around" - Peter Walker

(Right, because I do so much of that.)

What do I think my current theme song is?

"So Much to Say" - Dave Matthews Band


What does everyone else think my current theme song is?

"For the Price of a Cup of Tea" - Belle & Sebastian

(Nice! See lyrics here.)


What song will play at my funeral?

"#34" - Dave Matthews Band

(Even in death, I remain a DMB fan.)

What type of men do you like?

"Leaving Ninety-Nine" - Audio Adrenaline

(That is, a man like JESUS.)

What is my day going to be like?

"Lightness" - Death Cab for Cutie


If you so desire, take a turn and post your answers in the comments or on your own blog.

2 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger fatjeremy said...

How does the world see you?
"the world has turned"-weezer
(oh how true)

Will I have a happy life?
"Roll on" - Living End
(more like rock on)

What do my friends really think of me?
"Someday never comes" - creedence clearwater

Do people secretly lust after me?
"bounce" - thousand foot krutch

How can I make myself happy?
"subterranean homesick blues" - dylan(maybe i should become a recluse)

What should I do with my life?
"vendetta" - roper
(darn right!)

Will I ever have children?
"nowhere kids" - smile empty soul

What is some good advice for me?
"seemed like a idea at the time"-the darkness

How will I be remembered?
"I want to be alone"-green day

What is my signature dancing song?
"i want you to want me"-dwight yoakam (originaly by cheaptrick)

What do I think my current theme song is?
"Jay Jay's Song" - MXPX
(right band. rong song)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"give it up or turn it loose"-James Brown

What song will play at my funeral?
"nothing is ever enough" - derek webb
(i think i might cry)

What type of men do you like?
"the man comes around" - cash
(what about women i like?)

What is my day going to be like?
"el sol"-zwan

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

How does the world see you?
"Dragula" - Rob Zombie

Will I have a happy life?
"Disconnect" - She Wants Revenge

What do my friends really think of me?
"Inaction" - We Are Scientists

Do people secretly lust after me?
"Mother" - Tori Amos
(whoa, like a MILF?)

How can I make myself happy?
"High Life" - Mono

What should I do with my life?
"Smoothie Song" - Nickel Creek

Will I ever have children?
"To Me You Are a Work of Art" - Morrissey

What is some good advice for me?
"Underwater" - Delerium

How will I be remembered?
"Scotch & Chocolate" - Nickel Creek

What is my signature dancing song?
"I Can Make You a Man" - The Rocky Horror Picture Show

What do I think my current theme song is?
"Fevered" - The Stills

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Don't Wait" - Alton Weaver

What song will play at my funeral?
"Ask" - The Smiths

What type of men do you like?
"Title Track" - Death Cab for Cutie

What is my day going to be like?
"All Mine" - Portishead


Wow....should I kill myself now or later? Sheesh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home