Thursday, April 27, 2006

I am the Champion

As I walked up the stairs to my apartment yesterday after work, a mysterious package was sitting at my door. My brain raced trying to remember if I had ordered anything online, then quickly came to the conclusion that it must be for my roommate. As I picked up the package and flipped it over, I saw that it was indeed addressed to me. Confused, I looked to the return address: Yahoo! Sports.

Did I ever mention that I won the Cane Crazy fantasy football league? The first female to take home the top prize...that's me. I wish I could tell you what I spent my prize money on, but for the month in between the time I won and the time I got the check in the mail, I justified every single purchase at the mall by saying, "I can say my fantasy football money is for this." By the time the check came, I just deposited it into the good 'ol checking account and it probably paid for gas or groceries or something else equally lame. FIVE months have passed since my big win (I beat the brother-in-law in the finals), therefore, I had completely forgotten about the prize I was to receive from Yahoo! Sports. That is, until I saw that return address.

My friends, I present to you my Championship plaque:



Check out the 3D action:



And in case you were wondering how big it is:



And by the way, Yahoo! wants me to win again next year:

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Hollis said...

Love it! Long live the Candy Canes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home