Magic
How bad do I want to go to Hogwarts?
Last week I started re-reading The Order of the Phoenix so I would be prepared for the big day, July 16th. I hadn't picked up a Harry Potter book in well over a year. I had almost forgoten how completely engrossed I become in the wizarding world. Then I realize that I'm a lousy muggle and I can't even use a spell as simple as Wingardium Leviosa. I think I made a mistake in pulling out this book with over a month left to wait, because now I am literally on the edge of my seat, so excited about the release. I am almost finished with Phoenix, I think I will have to read the first four books again as well just so I can make it through the next 31 days (and 10 hours, but who's counting?).
In the meantime, I have also broken out the classic game. That's right, the Wizard Challenge. I think at one point I got up to 70-something, with the help of my fellow co-workers, of course. I just played a couple times before posting this and the highest I got was 17. I am so out of practice!

2 Comments:
Kim and I just listened to the audio version of Phoenix. It was fantastic. But I'm like you though, I'm anxiously awaiting the 16th.
We'll have to agree not to talk to each other until we can both finish the book. I don't want you giving out any spoilers.
I'll have that book read by the end of the day on the 16th. If not, definitely by the end of the weekend. I solemnly swear not to give out any spoilers.
Mischief managed!
Post a Comment
<< Home