Friday, May 06, 2005

Losing All Control

One good thing about watching the teenage smut show that I happen to be addicted to is that they usually play really good music. Recently, they have featured people like Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, The Futureheads, Pixies, and the list goes on. I think I first heard Damien Rice on the OC. A long time ago, before he was popular, before Closer. I was also introduced to Rooney through the show. So, today's song is Losing All Control by Rooney.

So, the reason I bring up the incredibly embarassing fact that I watch this show is because oh. my. goodness. Some serious stuff went down on that show last night. First, the boys go to Miami which really runied the whole "OC plays good music" idea because they went to a spoof of MTV's spring break, and while it was hilarious, they played some serious bad music. Seth almost got beat up by some burly Bible Study boys from Bob Jones University, Ryan showed off his arms in a different style of wife-beater than usual, and Granny had some serious cute purse action going on. Meanwhile, back in Newport, Coop is almost raped by Ryan's brother, Kirsten hits the bottle after an awesome kiss from Carter, and Summer jumps Zack after seeing Seth lick whip cream off Jamie King on tv. But that's not it! There was another episode. Score! We get two full hours of smut tv in which Jess the coke whore tries to hit it with the brothers and when that doesn't work she just plays them against each other and leads Ryan to believe that Marissa is cheating on him, Kirsten continues to hit the bottle and Sandy tries to approach his cheating alcoholic wife about it, Seth and Zack get into an adorable brawl over Summer dressed in her Little Miss Vixen costume which is broken up when she hits them with her whip, and Julie Cooper gets served with divorce papers while I realize just how many affairs she really has had in the last season or so.

But the kicker. The last scene, of course. How can this happen?! As soon as Kirsten apologizes to Sandy she gets hit by a truck which flips her SUV over so many times that I was yelling at the tv, "no, ow, oh no, no way!" for a full 30 seconds. Thank God they showed previews for next week with Kirsten still being alive. Although, I really can't understand how she could have survived that crash. Moral of the story kids, don't drink and drive.

3 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Karyn said...

We had Bob Jones University text books in high school. They were SO conservative. I laughed pretty hard when I heard them say Bob Jones in the show last night.

A lot of guys watch The OC for the hot chicks. I don't see what people see in Marissa (Mischa Barton) but Little Miss Vixen aka Summer (Rachel Bilson) I would definitely consider hot.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Brianna said...

And people get on me for my devotion to "As the World Turns" and "The Bold and the Beautiful". I think we live vicariously through these ridiculous story lines.

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirsten's crash was crazy...no one would have ever survived that. The previews showed her with just a black eye? Pleeze...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home