Friday, April 22, 2005

Bottom of the Barrel

Across the hallway from our office is a little utility room with a big janitorial type sink in it. Since we do not have any other sinks, other than in the bathroom, I usually dump old beverages in this janitorial sink. I keep a water bottle at my desk at all times, and I refill it at one of the water coolers located in the hallway. Generally, there is water left over from the day before in my bottle so I dump it out on my way to the water cooler. Since Monday there has been a green grape in the bottom of the sink. The grape rolls around the bottom of the sink as the water rushes down the drain. I'm not sure what else is dumped down that sink, but it is generally filthy. Every time my cube mate and I go fill our bottles up, I try to get him to eat the grape. I even offered a whopping five bucks. He refuses claiming that it would be too much like Fear Factor. You see, there are signs above all the sinks in the building that say, "Water is not for consumption". However, I know that if we were in Jeffersonville, at least one of my former co-workers would take me up on the bet.

Today's song is by Amos Lee.

3 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I wouldn't eat that grape. So you can rule me out.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Karyn said...

Yeah, I didn't think you would. But I know of at least 2 people who would have...

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Karyn said...

Yep...got it from Jason.

It's a green grape. But I'm not sure that washing it first is in the rules. The water is contaminated anyways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home